This article applies to the following scenario:
- PracticeEvolve server and client application was installed on the server
- PracticeEvolve server and client application were updated on the server
- PracticeEvolve client application needs to be installed on a machine
The general workflow is as follows:
- PE will install the software binaries on the server.
- Installer files can be found under the PE Data directory
- Client's IT will access the installer files from the above path
- Client's IT will install the client application on client machines
- Client or Client's IT will install the Office (Word/Outlook) Addins
PE refers to the PracticeEvolve team, Client is the end user (usually Law Firm users), and Client's IT are the IT team engaged by the Client. Please note, in order to install the application or addins, the user will require administrator privileges. Typically in a Terminal Server environment, the Client's IT will be required to roll out the installation on there.
Application Installation Procedure
Step 1: Accessing the Installation File
The installer files are located under the data directory on the application server. Please contact your IT provider to access the file on the server, or another user in the firm with server access.
- Navigate to the server and corresponding folder
- Example path: C:\PracticeEvolve\Updates\ClickOneLegal\22.214.171.12415\PracticeEvolveClientSetup.msi
- C:\ may be D:\ or another drive depending on the server architecture. The drive letter is the data drive for PracticeEvolve
- 126.96.36.19915 may be another version number. Unless rolling back, it should always be the highest number in the ClickOneLegal folder
Step 2: Sharing the Installation File
You may distribute the installation file to the system using a number of ways. Here are some common examples
- Group Policy or another management platform
- Share the folder containing the installation file such as on a network drive
- Use TeamViewer or another system to transfer the file
Step 3: Installing the Application
After the user machine or terminal environment has access to the installation file, you may proceed with the installation.
- You may copy the installation file to the user machine instead of running it over the network
- Ensure the installation folder is not set to Read-Only (E.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\PracticeEvolve\Client)
- Run PracticeEvolveClientSetup.msi
- The process is a simple Next>Next>Finish procedure
Office Addin Installation Procedure
Step 1: Removing Existing Addins
Unless this is the first time the addins are being installed on the machine, the previous versions should be removed.
- Open Control Panel
- For Outlook, uninstall Outlook Practice Management Addin
- For Word, uninstall Word Practice Management Addin
- Refresh Control Panel to ensure the removal is successful
Step 2: Installing New Addins
The Addins can only be installed on the machine if the client application has been installed.
- Navigate to the installation path. Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\PracticeEvolve\Client
- Outlook Addin is in the folder CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrarySetup
- Word Addin is in the folder CMSOfficeWordUniversalAddInLibrarySetup
- Run setup.exe for both (NB: Right Click and Run as Admin for both)
Step 3: Troubleshooting
Please refer to this link if the Addins could not be removed. This may be due to system permissions or an error in the setup stage.
You are now ready to run Practice Evolve with Addins on the client machine!