How to re-enable the Office Addins in Word and Outlook
The Office add-ins are found in Word and Outlook under the Practice Evolve or Legal Evolve tab. If the addin has been disabled, you will no longer be able to see the tab.
Note: If the addin has not been installed as an administrator, some issues may occur.
To re-enable the addin, follow the below steps:
1. In Word or Outlook go to the File tab and select Options (In Outlook 2007 got to Tools->Trust Center->Add-ins)
2. Click on the Add-Ins option on the Options screen and you will see that the Evolve add-in (which shows as CMSOfficeUniversalAddInLibrary) is under the Inactive Application Add-ins or Disabled Application Add-ins
Follow the steps below, depending on the message under Load Behavior for the inactive add-in
INACTIVE APPLICATION ADDINS - Load Behavior = Add-in not loaded. Certificate of signed and load as startup com add-in is not in a trusted source list
When the load behavior is set, the add-in never enables and always reverts to being unticked.
3. Go to File->Options->Trust Centre->Trust Centre Settings->Macro Settings
4. Untick - 'Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins'
INACTIVE APPLICATION ADDINS - Load Behavior = Load at Startup
5. If the CMSOfficeUniversalAddinLibrary is under Inactive Application Add-ins click on Go at the bottom of the screen
6. Tick the box next to CMSOfficeUniversalAddinLibrary and click OK
DISABLED APPLICATION ADDINS
3. If the CMSOfficeUniversalAddinLibrary is under Disabled Application Add-ins pick Disabled Items from the list, then click on Go at the bottom of the screen
4. Highlight the CMSOfficeUniversalAddinLibrary and click Enable (You may need to restart your Outlook after this change)
If you are still not able to access the Practice Evolve tab, you can also manually install the add-in, by using the following steps:
- Close out of Outlook completely
- Open Outlook as an Administrator by right-clicking the program and selecting Run as Administrator
- Click on File > Options > Add-ins.
- On the Add-ins tab, click Go and then Add.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Practice Evolve\Outlook Practice Management Addin and select adxloader64.dll, then click Open. (If you do not use a 64-bit installation, this will be listed as adxloader.dll)
- Ensure that the CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddinLibrary is ticked then click OK.
- You should now see the Practice Evolve tab.
- Close out of Outlook, which is still running as an Administrator
- Open Outlook again, which should also now show the Practice Evolve add-in.
The Practice Evolve tab should now be present within Outlook.
NOTE: If you still can't access the Practice Evolve\Legal Evolve tab in Word or Outlook after following the above steps, please contact support by Clicking on the 'Submit an Issue' option on the top right of this screen next to your name.