If Outlook or Word keeps deactivating an add-in, you should first of all try
- Re-enabling the add-in
- Change the load behavior of the add-in
- Uninstall & reinstall the given add-in
- The third option is to change the registry setting for Outlook/Word that disables add-ins. We recommend this should only be carried out by an IT provider.
Follow these steps to activate the add-in (The example below applies to Outlook but the same can be carried out for Word):
1. Exit Outlook and uninstall the given Outlook add-in using the Microsoft tool below
2. Reinstall the Add-in and retest
If the above does not work the Registry will have to be edited manually:
3. Open your Windows registry (run regedit.exe) and locate the following registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Resiliency (replace 15.0 with your actual Outlook version: 15.0 means Outlook 2013, 14.0 means Outlook 2010, 13.0 means Outlook 2007, etc) – remove the REG_BINARY keys found in DisabledItems and CrashingAddinList:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins – remove the keys that refer to your troubled Outlook add-in. If you want to fix the Evolve Outlook add-in, remove the entry named CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary.AddinModule.
3. Reinstall the related Outlook add-in and restart Outlook: it should be loading fine now, without being listed as an inactive add-in.
Note: To ensure the addin is installed correctly, please run installations as an administrator.
When the above didn't work, in some instances manually removing the add-in from Outlook and manually re-adding it again has worked.
1. In Outlook go to the File tab and select Options
2. Click on the Add-Ins option on the Options screen and you will see that the Evolve add-in (which shows as CMSOfficeUniversalAddInLibrary) is under the Inactive Application Add-ins or Disabled Application Add-ins
INACTIVE APPLICATION ADDINS
3. If the CMSOfficeUniversalAddinLibrary is under Inactive Application Add-ins click on Go at the bottom of the screen
4. Highlight the CMSOfficeUniveralAddInLibrary and select 'Remove'
5. Now click 'Add..' and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Practice Evolve\Outlook Practice Management Addin - and select 'adxloader.dll' or 'adxloader64.dll' if your install of MS Office is 64bit. If you pick the wrong one, Outlook will tell you on screen, so pick the other one if that happens.
If the Issue persists, you may need to add the below GPO to your Windows Environment. This will force the addins to load.
If you are still not able to access the Practice Evolve tab, you can also manually install the add-in, by using the following steps:
- Close out of Outlook completely
- Open Outlook as an Administrator by right-clicking the program and selecting Run as Administrator
- Click on File > Options > Add-ins.
- On the Add-ins tab, click Go and then Add.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Practice Evolve\Outlook Practice Management Addin and select adxloader64.dll, then click Open. (If you do not use a 64-bit installation, this will be listed as adxloader.dll)
- Ensure that the CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddinLibrary is ticked then click OK.
- You should now see the Practice Evolve tab.
- Close out of Outlook, which is still running as an Administrator
- Open Outlook again, which should also now show the Practice Evolve add-in.
The Practice Evolve tab should now be present within Outlook.
GPO (Group Policy Object)
- Open the Group Policy Management console on a domain controller
- Navigate to the domain node, right click it and select Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here
- Give the GPO the desired name
- Right click the newly created GPO and click on Edit
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, expand Preferences under User Configuration
- Afterwards expand Windows Settings
- Right click Registry and create the following 9 entries:
(If you need to do this for the Word addin, replace 'CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary' with 'CMSOfficeWordUniversalAddInLibrary')
Name Order Action Hive KeyValue Name Type ValueData CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary 1 Create HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary REG_DWORD 00000001 LoadBehavior 2 Update HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary LoadBehavior REG_DWORD 00000003 DisabledItems 3 Delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\DisabledItems DisabledItems 4 Create HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\DisabledItems CrashingAddinList 5 Delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\CrashingAddinList CrashingAddinList 6 Create HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\CrashingAddinList CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary 7 Create HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\DoNotDisableAddinList CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary REG_DWORD 00000001 CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary 8 Create HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\NotificationReminderAddinData CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary\dtype REG_DWORD 00000000 CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary 9 Create HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\NotificationReminderAddinData CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary REG_DWORD 967a844d